Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

1/12/2015

Blurred

Stuck in the unknown. 




On me: sweater via Ardene, skirt via H&M, heels via Ardene, bag via Michael Kors and earring via Hong Kong A while back, I was lucky enough to attend Vancouver Fashion Week along with my friend Brian. It was a spontaneous decision, Brian's visit. What started off as a joke of 'if only you were here', spurred onto an actual flight and game plan for 32 hours. Within the brief moments Brian and I shared during his visit to eat burgers, sushi, and critique fashion, we managed to capture several outfits. Here's one of them. I've never been one for resolutions (due to my inability to keep them), however a wish of mine is to integrate more substance into my blog, such as my writing. Previously I've been self conscious on my musings and thoughts, but now that I have course work that consist a lot of writing. To improve, I plan to use my blog to practice writing, while providing more in depth content to all of you. Speaking from personal preference, I am not a fan of spontaneity or unplanned things. Usually when things aren't planned at least one hour in advance, or are cancelled last minute, I end up stressing myself. However, after going through a repetitive process of change this past year, I can officially say that some things are best left unknown. Or as I prefer to call it 'blurred' (because I like to have some knowledge on the situation at hand) The majority of times, as much as I'd like to have control over the situation, I do not. Regardless, there are moments where being vulnerable and naive can bring surprises and beautiful experiences. And sometimes when I ponder the past (mainly during a food coma), the best moments I can recall have been ones where I placed no expectation on the outcome. With that being said, I should resume my poetry assignment. Till next time lovelies!


Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig