Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

8/10/2014

Colosseum

Tourist vs The Sun. 










On me: kimono H&M, romper 2020Avenue, sandals and bag

I'm finally back in Vancouver and free to edit photos from my trip to Europe!
Originally I planned to blog everyday what I wore, ate, etc... But I was carried away exploring each city, that I ended up falling asleep every time I returned to the hotel.
As the title suggests, I shot this look during my visit to the Colosseum!
It was breathtaking to view the architecture and  learn the history behind this venue because it made me appreciate where I was even more.
I must admit the number of tourists challenged our ability to capture outfit shots, however the results were successful, seeing as how I managed to spam all of you with photos.
Surprisingly the hat was an impulse buy. Considering how strong the sun rays were, my mother and I each purchased a hat during our trek to the colosseum.
Seeing as this was my second day in Rome, I found myself being captivated by the food and the people during the trip. I adored how everything was in walking distance, because it made travelling from one monument to another convenient. 

One thing that shocked my mother and I was the size of coffee.
Yes, you heard me right.
Being tourists we didn't know or realize till our last day in Rome, that the coffee sizes were tiny due to culture differences. 
And to find regular sized coffee, one had to order an American coffee....
Learning this upon the brunch before our departure to France was utterly devastating, and the only regret I've held during my visit to Italy. 
Till next time lovelies



Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees
Xo Charmyn
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig